Berkeley Undergraduate Dream Act Aid
Berkeley Undergraduate Dream Act Aid is a new financial aid program made possible by the passage of the California Dream Act of 2011. The first part of the California Dream Act, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130), allows students who are exempt from paying nonresident tuition under AB 540 and who are ineligible for federal aid to receive scholarships from private sources. The second part of the California Dream Act, Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131), allows students exempt from paying nonresident tuition under AB 540 and who are ineligible for federal aid to receive grants and scholarships from state and University sources.
- You may be eligible for scholarships, a Cal Grant, institutional grants (including Berkeley Middle Class Access Plan awards), and/or UC Berkeley Director's Work-Study.
- You apply for this aid by completing the California Student Aid Commission California Dream Act application at www.caldreamact.org. The priority deadline for submitting your application is March 2. Apply now! For information about how to apply, please watch the California Dream Act video. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- You need to qualify for an AB 540 nonresident tuition exemption to be eligible.
- You must be ineligible for federal financial aid.
More InformationFor more information and helpful resources, please see:
- The Achievement Award Program (UC Berkeley Scholarship for Incoming Students)
- Asian Students Promoting Immigrant Rights Through Education (ASPIRE)
- California Dream Act of 2011 Frequently Asked Questions
- Donación millonaria en becas para indocumentados en Berkeley (en español)
- Educators for Fair Consideration
- The Equity Scholarship
- Financial Aid and Other Guides for College-Bound Undocumented Students
- Legal Services: Education Not Deportation Guide
- MALDEF AB 540 Guide
- Nation's Single-Largest Gift for Scholarships to Undocumented Students Announced
- Scholarship Lists
- UC Berkeley Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Undocumented Student Program
- UC Berkeley Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form (AB 540 Waiver)
- UC Berkeley RISE (Rising Immigrant Scholars through Education) Handbook