In order to fully understand the purpose of this website and the reasons behind its
style of implementation, a copy of the orginial objectives and procedures of the APA
Staff Training and Development checklist project is provided below:
APA Staff Training and Development Checklist Project, summer, 1998
- To improve APA Staff effectiveness.
- To determine specifically where each staff member could use further development based on
self and supervisor assessment through a tailored checklist.
- To create a tailored but expandable resource well for APA.
- To aid in the designing and execution of a training plan for each staff member.
- To gather data for APA so future staff training and development projects can be
The following is a set of checklists(This was handed out with a packet of checklists)
designed to pinpoint the areas where each staff member could use more training. Each staff
member in APA will have two checklists that are specific to their job descriptions-one to
be filled out by him/her, and the other by his/her supervisor. After the staff member and
his/her supervisor completes their respective checklists, a copy of both checklists will
be sent back for data to build a resource well(This website). After the completion of the
well, the staff member and the supervisor will meet and discusses the check sheets. During
this meeting, with the aid of the resource well homepage, a development plan will be
created for each staff member. Lastly, the data gathered here will be used to improve the
staff development process, and access the departments strengths and weakness. This
is not a performance evaluation-none of this will be used against any staff member. Please
be as candid as possible. This project is designed to benefit staff members.
- Fill out the checklist by reviewing each item and checking those where you want more
training. Follow the instructions and the prompts. Write any relevant comments on the
space provided. Remember that this list is only meaningful with meaningful input. Do the
same assessment for any staff member that you supervise. You will be provided with a
supervisors checklist for each staff member.
- Turn in a copy of all the checklists to Vincent Tangs box on the fourth floor.
This will allowed us to create a tailored resource system based on the departments
needs. Please do this by ____________.
- After __________, schedule a meeting time with your supervisor and discuss the checked
items on both lists. Finally, decide on a plan to strengthen the checked areas. This will
involve different resources available for the department, such as time management
workshops. A web page at www.___________________________ has been setup so that you can
access this tailored resource well. However, do not let this site limit you.
- Make a copy of the plan and drop them off in Vincent Tangs box. After all the data
and sheets have been tabulated, a general APA staff sheet will be created to show
APAs strengths and weakness.
- Any comments or questions you have about this project are greatly
appreciated. Please tell or ask us! E-mail email@example.com.
A prompt reply will be sent back.
Note: These procedure and projects were piloted through APA's EGC